Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Get your ticket before it's too late . . .

I saw one of the best movies I've seen in a long time last night: The Book of Eli. Great performances and a great story. Not only is it a great movie, but (to use CBA debate venacular) it's one of the best Christian movies I've ever seen.

I personally didn't mind the language. It wasn't gratuitous or jolting, but it will prevent alot of people from the evangelical community from seeing it and that's a shame -- at least when it comes to ticket sales. This is a great movie with great commentaries on the Christian walk and the effect of Christianity on the social political aspects of the human condition.

The only drawback is that I was working on a very similar story for a novel. Foiled again. Now people will say "hey, he got that from The Book of Eli." They'll never know I thought about it two years ago. Oh well.

4 comments:

Kay Day said...

I loved that movie, too. I wasn't crazy about the violence, but it was a great movie anyway.

People have argued that the violence was necessary in order to show the state of things and the danger and import of the mission. Sure. I get that. I just think violence can be shown without being SHOWN. But realism must be served, I guess.

About your last statement, I guess that should be a lesson for all of us to write fast!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................

Nicole said...

Just saw it Saturday night. Haunting film. Interesting premise. Especially enjoyed the ending.
The violence was definitely heavy duty.