Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some got it, some don't . . .


Happy belated 13 th birthday to Teddy. That's 91 to you and me. (I'm sure that formula's not right.) Anyway, let's hear from the birthday boy:


Okay, don't hate me because I've aged beautifully.

You can do it, too. The secret is to eliminate all stress. Here's my patented 3 part plan:

1. Find a sucker, I mean human like Dayle. He does all the work and all I have to do is eat, sleep, and fetch the occasional tennis ball.

2. Perfect a pathetic look. That way even strangers give you stuff.

3. Two words: Twenty-four hour naps. ( I know it's more than two words, it's a joke. Silly humans. )

For a more detailed plan, send $24.99 to Teddy (That's all you need. The post office knows it's for me. Kinda like Santa Claus. )

4 comments:

Glynn said...

Dayle, we have to talk. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just turned 13, too (July 3), and he does the same stuff.

Kat Heckenbach said...

Nothing like being the owner of a geriatric pet. I have three! A German Shepherd-Yellow Lab mix who's 12 1/2, a Boxer who's pushing 11, and cat that's 16 or so. Talk about 24-hour naps--we have three lumps of fur laying around all day, only to get up now and then, creaky joints groaning, the Shepherd mix completely deaf, the Boxer half-blind, the cat with belly dragging on the ground...

Ah, but they're my babies!!!

Momstheword said...

Awwwww! Isn't he cute... We've had several cats that lived to 18 or 19 years. My childhood dog lived for 18 years and my childhood cat lived for about same. Thanks for sharing.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hi, Dayle!

My name is Kristen. Your friend Nicole gave me your blog link so I could contact you as a reference for her. She has offered to edit a manuscript of mine, and while I am so thankful for her offer, I'm sure you can imagine my hesitation at the thought of sending my unpublished "baby" to someone I don't know. My gut says that this would be awesome, but just to be sure, I asked if I could contact those she'd edited for in the past.

So I just wanted to ask you what your experience with her was like. How did you feel about the work that she did? Did it help your manuscript? Can I trust her? (I believe I can, but it would be irresponsible not to ask).

Thank you so much for your time! My email address is ktsummer61@gmail.com. I really appreciate it! Happy writing!

-Kristen