Thursday, May 21, 2009

Notes from the road - the wierd.

Courtesy of my local library, I listened to a couple of Audio books while driving the 65+ hours during my vacation.

One of those books was Dekker's Boneman's Daughters. In the book, the killer likes to murder his victims by breaking their bones without breaking their skin-while they're awake. As I passed through southern and southwest Texas, where the story was set, I noticed a trend. The narrator would mention a location and then I'd see it. Now I'm not one given to be irrationally afraid, but driving alone on deserted highways can play its tricks.

I kept half-expecting the lunatic from No Country for Old Men to show up.

3 comments:

Mark H. said...

If he does, pick tails.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

I loved it when he showed up on the Simpsons and Homer picked balanced on the side.

Mark H. said...

Aw, I missed that one. That's funny.