Saturday, April 4, 2009

A couple of things . . .

I'm still waiting for my copy of Writer's Digest so I can see my story on the page.

Now I don't mind the wait, but the members of my writing group already got theirs last week. It's supposed to hit shelves today, but my local BAM still doesn't have them. The library carries it, but they still don't have it either.

I attended some really nice sessions at the Jubilee Writer's Conference at my local library today. I rarely hear something I haven't read on line before, but it's still good reinforcement. I am a little surprised when a fellow attendee is shocked to hear something that should be common knowledge to anyone seeking publication. Maybe it's just my nature. I've done so much research I could give most of these lectures myself -- which one day I hope to do. Looks like a lot of fun. I have to stop myself from running up there and grabbing the mic as it is.

And, finally, I'm a little upset about something. I just counted all the nuts in my can of Deluxe mixed nuts and contrary to the promise on the package --- it contained 51% peanuts. Excuse me, I need a minute to myself.

4 comments:

Glynn said...

Reeived mine yesterday. Liked the story.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks, Glynn.

Kat Heckenbach said...

Picked up a copy today, and I loved the story. Very well-written, cool creepy ending. Awesome!

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks, Kat. Glad you liked it.