Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A blessing counted . . .

We are blessed to have a great library here in my home town of Houma, LA. Not only is the Terrebonne Parish Main Branch big and beautiful (the picture doesn't do it justice), but they put on a lot of great events. (It's so good, people don't want to leave -- there's a cemetery right behind it.)

For example, last year I attended a performance by a virtuoso classical guitarist for free before he went off to Carnegie Hall.

This week is the annual Jubilee Writer's Conference. The cost: $25. In attendance: well known authors such as Heather Graham, F. Paul Wilson, (Louisiana's own) Deborah Leblanc and many others.

On a different note, next month, I'll be heading to Estes Park Colorado for the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference. I'm sure you want to send me a check to help me pay for the expenses, so send me an e-mail and I'll give you my address.

5 comments:

Winter said...

Have fun! My agent will be there. Wish I could go, but it's either that or ACFW, and well, ACFW works for me, cause my agent will be there too.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

So, you'll...um....be sending a check, right?

It was between ACFW, CWG, and CCWC. CCWC costs less and it's in the Rocky Mountain National Park.

Kay Day said...

Hey, cool! I won't be there, though. I am going to ACFW instead. Can't afford them all unfortunately. I feel like I need to do ACFW when it's local.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

I still get to stay in your guest house right?

Kay Day said...

Ummmmm.....

Well, if I lived in Estes Park and had a guest house. you bet!