Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bait and Switch . . .

Most of my acquaintances and friends are shocked when they first discover that I don't believe in evolution. Even when they all know I'm Christian.

The reason: Because these same people consider me one of the most brilliant people they know. Seriously. Go ahead, ask them . . . I told ya.

So successful have the evolutionists been, that to many, it seems impossible that any educated person could not believe it.

Usually, after the initial shock, they proceed to bring up a supposed aspect of evolution. This is normally when I have to stop them and inform them that they are actually talking about natural selection which does happen. They give me a perplexed look and I have to explain.

Similarly, I once asked my biology professor to give me his best example of evolution. He did. I then informed him that he gave me a great example of the alteration of physical traits of a specific species due to changes in the ecosystem of that particular species, but he did not give me an example of evolution.

He looked at me perplexed and said "Huh?"

That brilliant response almost threw me, but I managed to collect myself and explain to him that Darwin's book was called the Origin of Species, not the theory of the mechanism behind which physical traits are slightly altered.

In other words, the only thing evolutionists can prove is that certain species over time produce generations that are slightly taller, slightly recolored, have slightly shorter or longer appendages. It is, HOWEVER, the same species. If anyone believes they are different species, then they have to believe that me and Shaq are different species and that makes them a racist -- bammo -- I win the debate. It actually gets worse. According to the standard of what constitutes a species, then me and anyone of you with blond air are not the same species.

The pro-evols have almost completely succeeded at blurring the line between Micro and Macro evolution. They have convinced the masses that by proving natural selection, they have proven the invention of species through natural selection. NOT THE SAME THING.

There is no evidence whatsoever of a species being created through minute changes in the physical traits of a parent species. There are no transitional fossils detailing these minute changes---only huge leaps which are backfilled only by conjecture and false hope. Think about it. If it takes millions upon millions of years of minute changes for a one species to become another, then all of those minute changes should be seen in the fossil record. They are not. Even Darwin said, that without the eventual discovery of these transitional fossils, his theory falls apart.

Their tactic has become so successful, that many Christians have adapted the "God used evolution to create the earth as know it" theory. That way they can believe in creationism and prove they are intelligent because they believe in evolution at the same time. The problem with this line of thought is that it limits God. God doesn't need billions of years of a mechanism which bows to the natural laws He created to create the Earth as we see it. He can just do it. He's God. He transcends His own laws. Including time.

So cheer up Christians. Not believing in evolution does not mean you're ignorant. In fact, you can prove how intelligent you are by not falling for the bait and switch.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I like being of the "blond air" myself. ;)

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

It's not my fault that my keyboard is missing an e and a h.

Nicole said...

;)

Kat Heckenbach said...

Ah, as a scientist myself, this is one of my favorite topics! I, too, do not believe in evolution. There is no proof, and there is more evidence to support the Bible, the great flood, and Creation, than there is to even hint at evolution.

I know what you mean by people thinking only bumpkins believe in Creation. But, I've had more conversations with people that left the evolutionist going, "but, but..." than I can count.

Just look at Richard Dawkins. He sounded logical at first, years ago, and put out several books that at least gave the surface appearance of being backed up by science, but he's recently turned into a ranting, raving name-caller. Why? Because he's put his faith--yes, faith--in a theory with no substance.

Yet, visit a website such as www.answersingenesis.org, and you will find facts. Facts, facts, and more facts--and guess what! No name calling :).

And, Dayle, you are absolutely right--natural selection is NOT at all the same thing as evolution. Actually, genetic changes are almost always detrimental, and generally, changes in species are the result of a LOSS of information, not a gain, and therefore, if anything, we are de-evolving physically. But, "though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." (2 Cor 4:16)

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks for the comment, Kat. I'll check out that website.