Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In just a few weeks . . .

My short story "The Truth" will be published in Writer's Digest. With a strange portion of something called "Luck" (and if I haven't made a faux paus of deduction), Stephen King and Jerry Jenkins will be on the cover. This will no doubt result in higher sales and reads of the magazine.

I must admit: It's a great thought that something I've written will appear in a magazine featuring the aforementioned on the cover. Okay, so it doesn't exactly make us colleagues. I get that. But what it does mean is that the only short story I've ever written which also has the distinction of being the first thing I've written that will be published, will also be the most widely read. Possibly, more than anything else I'll ever write. Even if I have a good career.

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but I am jazzed that so many will be reading my work. (please note: this is the first time I've ever described myself as being jazzed.)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I can hear the saxophones murmuring from here. Again, Dayle: congratulations. And you're not making too big a deal of it. It's cool.

Kat Heckenbach said...

OK, now I'm really, really gonna have to check out the story. Your first published piece EVER in Writers Digest--bravo!