Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've made the cut . . .

In the Writer's Digest Your Story contest.

If you're not familiar with it, each issue gives a writing prompt with which, those who dare, are invited to write a short story or 750 words or less. The editors then pick 5 finalists to be voted on by the readers. The winner's story is then published in the magazine.

I have never entered one of these before and I'm honored to say that my first try has been chosen out of over 700 entries. The voting ends on January 28th. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Terrific, Dayle!

Mark H. said...

Congratulations!

Kay Day said...

Cool Beans!

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks, guys. (gender neutral)

So who did ya'll vote for? What do you mean ya'll didn't vote. Ya'll are writers.

Okay, go vote and then tell me which story you voted for.

Kay Day said...

I couldn't figure out how to vote.
Speak in short sentences. Small words. I will try to understand.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Don't worry, Kay. You're not alone in that.

You have to go to the forum and register. Then it will show you as one of the thread options as "Your story" CLick on that and it will show you the five finalists.