Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trying something new . . .

I don't really appreciate (read disdain) modern art. A yellow dot on a green background is not art. There has to be some skill involved.

I'm also not a big fan of Impressionism as a whole, but some of it is very good. Same for abstract. Here's my attempt at the two.


I call it Exodus.














It also looks interesting turned upside down.


















Abstract is great for decor, but I consider Expressionist Abstract to be true art. I call this one Specter.

7 comments:

Winter said...

Dayle, those are beautiful. I love the cross one, right side up and upside down.

Nicole said...

Love "Exodus", Dayle. Well done. (Glad you're back in cyberspace.)

Kay Day said...

I like the both! Very cool!
When I saw the post title, I though perhaps you were referring to blogging!

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks everbody.

p.s. That's funny, Kay.

Mark H. said...

Hey, look who's back! Good to hear from you again, Dayle.

Darcus said...

I love "Specter." You are so right with your view point on Expressionist Abstract.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks, Darcus.