Friday, February 15, 2008

Christian athletes . . .

Yesterday, Jason Elam of the Denver Broncos was on Fox News pushing his new Christian novel - Monday Night Jihad

Well, I'm not going to root for the Denver Broncos because of Jason Elam, but I will root for him.

For those of you who may not know, here are a few other athletes I do root for because they are not only Christian, but they actively work to spread the gospel:

Aaron Baddely - Golf ----- His website has a faith section.
Zach Johnson - Golf ----- He doesn't have a website, but the Master's champion took the oppurtunity to give the glory of his victory to his Lord - Jesus Christ.

Jeff Gordon - NASCAR ------ He links to a ministry on his website. By the way, if you've never watched a NASCAR race, watch the opening invocation one day. They always mention Jesus.

Danny Wuerffel - Former Saints quarterback ---- What I like about Danny is that he doesn't seem to care that he didn't "make it" as a starter in the NFL. He believes . . . Well, go here and read what he says about finding true fulfillment. You gotta love this guy.


I know there are others, but I gotta get back to work on my manuscript. Do you know any who fit this criteria?

sidenote: spellcheck ain't working and I don't have time to paste and copy from word.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

David Tyree (sp.?) of the World Champion New York Giants. Sigh . . .

Shaun Alexander of my Seattle Seahawks along with D.J. Hackett, Matt Hasselbeck, and several other Seahawks.

Kurt Warner of the Arizona Cardinals.

Just to name a few.

Kay said...

I don't know nothin about no sports.

My spellcheck isn't working either.
And I can't spell!

Nicole said...

Oh, mustn't forget Jon Kitna (Detroit Lions and former Seahawk).

Janet Rubin said...

I'm clueless on sports too, but I think that's awesome. These guys are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Being who God made them to be (athletes) and glorifying Him while they do!!

Mark H. said...

Not a player, but Tony Dungy is a guy I'll always pull for.