Friday, February 22, 2008

Alright, I'll play this time . . .

Today I've been tagged by my friend Janet Rubin (or, as her millions of fans will know her by: J.L. Rubin) to participate in a game of blog tag.

The Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.So, here's mine:

Well, I was going to be a smart alec and use my book. But I turned to the appropriate passage and it stunk. So here's the real, and surprisingly, good one:

and when I am finally unremembered maybe then i too can forget that this world is what it seems to be: a hurtful, hateful place where people carve apart souls from the bodies of men and women and children. and themselves. until in ultimate hypocrisy they scapegoat God judging him as guilty for the wicked, wounded world their very hands have made.

From Sinner by Sharon Carter Rogers.

3 comments:

Janet Rubin said...

a little depressing, but a lot of truth in those sentences! Thanks for playing, D.J.

J.L.

Sharon Carter Rogers said...

Hi!

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for quoting my book in your blog. Of course, I'm hoping you'll get past page 123 in the reading of it!

Next one (UNPRETTY) comes out in September...

Best to you,

SCR

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks for stopping by Sharon. I'm on page 49 right now, but I'll get there.

Great opening scene by the way.