Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Take Two . . .

If you wouldn't mind indulging me one more time . . . After this post, we'll get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Okay, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm proud of this one. Why? Because I'm not a piano player.

What separates piano players (and drummers for that matter) from guitarists is that a piano player has to play two separate things at once: The bass line and the melody. Well, I couldn't do that until after several years of playing a guitar must have instilled in me some musical sense I didn't have before.

This is an oldie I wrote several years ago called Thinking of You.


8 comments:

Nicole said...

Well done. Now this one strikes me as bittersweet . . .

Mark Harbeson said...

Nice sound. You're a talented guy.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks Nicole & Mark. Bittersweet is what I was going for.

Also, I apologize for the poor recording quality. I don't have the best equipment apparently. Or it's operator error.

donna fleisher said...

Beautiful. Reminds me of the music I used for my book trailers. Hauntingly sweet. : )

Um ... do you sing too?

Janet Rubin said...

Wow. You were thinking of me several years ago? That's amazing; we hadn't even met yet. Oh... I'm sorry. I'm so vain; I guess I thought that song was about me...

Okay, I'll stop being goofy. That was lovely and reminded me of something that we be part of a movie soundtrack.

I know we all keeping oohing and ahhing over your varied accomplisments (as we should), but I understand. Creative is creative. My creativity shows up in stories, poems, scripts, songs, novels, knitting, quilting, cooking, party-planning... That's what we do right? Keep creating and have fun, bro!

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

And Janet - don't stop being goofy.

Kathie Boatner said...

Touching. I am blown away by your talent Dayle and pleased to see you flourish. Enjoy every minute and have tons of fun my friend.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.