Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Heart's in Tennessee (and North Carolina). . .


Usually this time of year, I'm planning another trip to the Smoky Mountains.

But I've already spent this year's vacation budget on writer's conferences. A week in Colorado and a long weekend in Dallas.

So for the first time in 4 years, I won't be heading to the Smokies. So, pathetically, I spent the last hour in my home office looking at past vacation photos.


If you'd like to donate to the Send Dayle to the Smokies Fund, just send an e-mail and I'll give you the address and the pertinent tax forms.

Would it help if I told you I'm part Cherokee and going there is kind of a spiritual journey to my homeland?


4 comments:

Mark Harbeson said...

Great pictures. There's nothing I like better than traveling and seeing God's creation.

I'd love to donate, but unfortunately, I'm working on the Harbeson Kids College Fund.

Janet Rubin said...

Beautiful. The same Guy who designed those Smokies is preparing a place for us in Heaven. Imagine how incredible that will be?

Jerry Pat Bolton said...

Haha!!! I love it when the mighty are reduced to begging . . . LOL . . . Sorry you aren't going to get to make the trip this years, just think, next year you'll have to have twice as much fun just to make up for missing out this year . . .

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

That's right, Jerry. The Mighty has more time to plan.

Mark, I can't believe how misplaced your priorities are.

I never thought of it that way, Janet--thanks.