Thursday, October 25, 2007

Athol Dickson asks "Should we Give up?"

In next year’s elections, it looks more and more like we will be presented with a presidential race between Hillary Clinton and Rudolph Giuliani, both of whom are “pro-choice.” Any third party option virtually guarantees the Democrat will win. Think about that. Then think about the fact that two Supreme Court justices will likely be replaced by our next president. We were so close to overturning Roe v. Wade. Now it looks like that hope might be lost for another generation. With a growing sense of desperation, my wife and I have been begging the Lord to raise up someone to lead this country. We will never cast our votes for a politician who thinks killing unborn children is a basic human right. That means we may not in good conscience be able to vote in the next presidential election.

Over a quarter of a century ago in A Christian Manifesto, Francis Schaeffer said when there are no true ideological differences between candidates, democracy is dead. I fear that day is very near.

Please follow this link to read the rest: Should We Give Up?

4 comments:

Mark Harbeson said...

I can honestly say I have no idea who I will vote for. I've really become disgusted by 90% of the politicians currently in office. I see hardly anyone out there who is willing to stop playing party politics and be a true leader.

But we have to remember that God is in charge, and He will raise up leaders according to His purposes.

Jerry Pat Bolton said...

It is a dilemma, to say the least. I don't see anyone I want to cast a ballot for, but I can't stand the idea of Hillary getting in, my God, can you envision that? So, yeah, I'll have to hold my breath AND nose and vote republican . . . And pray no one with any kind of clout at all runs in an independent ticket . . .

Jerry Pat Bolton said...

I have been checking out Governor Huckabee's website and although only yesterday I said to my wife he was short on everything, it seems maybe I overloaded my mouth again. (I am infamous for doing that) He is making me raise my eyebrows and take notice. Right now I really like his non-wavering stand on abortion and the consumption tax . . . Thank you for steering me to his website, Dayle . . . I shall continue to read and take another hard look at the man.

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

Mark, I share your frustration. Everything is politics. Even our soldiers lives don't seem to matter. It's all about destroy your political enemies at all cost.

Jerry, I think what you're saying proves Athol's point. We've kinda been told who the real "viable" candidates are. I did it myself. But after watching the debates, the name Huckabee is starting to sound less "hick" and more "presidential".