Monday, May 21, 2007

Hart for God

It seems to me that since the "Fall"
- without even thinking it odd-
That man has had no trouble at all believing that he can be God.
How he would do this I cannot conceive, tho, he certainly thinks that he can
--And yet, he cannot bring himself to believe that God can become . . . a man.

-from a B.C. comic strip by Johnny Hart.

B.C. is my favorite comic strip ever. I know I'm a little late, but I just found out that Johnny Hart passed away recently (April 2007). For those that don't know, he created B.C. and The Wizard of Id comic strips.
Thanks for not being afraid to express your faith through your work, Johnny.

2 comments:

Mike Duran said...

Dayle, I think the first commenter on your blog should get a prize or something, don't you?

dayle james arceneaux said...

I hate to admit it, but You've got a point

How about a signed copy of my book when it gets published. (more positive thinking - don't worry, I'm not a pessimist, but I am an experienced optimist.

Then again, I wonder if making you read something I've written can actually be considered a prize.

BTW, What did you give the the first commentor on your blog?